Do you need a bar replaced? At marimba one, we keep detailed records of all the marimbas we build, including keyboard voicing information. Please contact us to schedule the replacement and refer to the bars as shown on this keyboard diagram and include your serial number in your correspondence.
Keep your old bars until you receive new ones from us. That way, you’re never without a bar on your marimba.
Remember: your bars are under warranty for the first year and we’ll replace them at no cost (shipping not included). Beyond the first year, contact us for bar replacement pricing: email email@example.com
901 “O” St, Suite D
Arcata CA 95521
Our marimbas are easy to assemble and use the latest in engineering and woodcraft. There are no loose screws on our instruments! It will take you about 15 minutes to assemble or disassemble one of our marimbas.
Watch this YouTube clip of marimba one artist Lynn Vartan talk about assembling a marimba. It's easy!
Assembly Manuals for our marimbas:
"A huge thank you to everyone at Marimba One™! You guys have the best customer service and quality products, no one comes close." -- Hannah Weidner, Bradley University
Keyboard Retuning - we service all brands
$375 whole keyboard plus shipping or $75 per octave plus shipping. Discounts available for more than 1 keyboard.
Our master tuners retune marimbas, vibraphones, xylophones and glockenspiels from any brand. Try it--you'll be amazed.
Your instrument deserves the best of care, and the best sound! Do you want your keyboard retuned? We offer a free retuning of the entire keyboard during the first two years. At marimba one™, we keep detailed records of all the marimbas we build, including keyboard voicing information. Please identify the part number for your replacement bar and let us know if there are any particular bars we should pay special attention to. Do let us know if you have any concerns.
Please ship your bars to:
901 "O" Street
Arcata CA 95521
707 822 9570 (phone)
It’s important that you contact us before shipping your bars so that we can properly schedule the retuning.
Be sure to include your contact information as well as the serial number on your marimba.
As far as insurance, we recommend insurance of US $ 8,000 for Traditional keyboard, $9,850 for an Enhanced keyboard, and $14,000 for a Premium keyboard.
If you have bar bags, please pack the bars in those. Then stuff bubble wrap around them so that they cannot shift while in transit. Please do not use packing peanuts! If you do not have bar bags, roll them up in a blanket or bubble wrap tightly and put in 2 separate boxes stuffing more bubble wrap around the bars so that they cannot shift while in transit.
Please drop us an email with the tracking number: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to retuning your instrument and keeping it to the highest standard.
Felt for the Jacks
7 Marimba Care Tips
Treat your marimba well and it will be your partner for life! Here are seven tips:
- When you are not playing, keep your marimba out of direct sunlight and cover. This will protect it from dust and scratches.
- Ideal humidity for playing and storing your marimba is around 50%. In very dry environments, a humidifier should be used; and in very moist environments, use a dehumidifier. Even when the marimba is being stored, it is best to maintain a controlled environment.
- The marimba’s acoustics are designed to be optimized between 68 and 72 degrees. Extremes of temperature should be avoided.
- Use only a damp cotton cloth or a micro-fiber towel to wipe down your marimba.
- Be CAREFUL when you move your marimba. It’s a large instrument, so think about tight corners, door frames and other obstacles. If you have a height-adjustable frame, raise the resonators before moving to keep from hitting door jams.
- Do not put anything on your keyboard (obviously). The bars are precious rosewood and will scratch if you don’t take care.
- Speak to it, sing to it.... it’s alive.
Treat your marimba well and it will be your partner for life!